Olivier Douhéret received his PhD in Physics from the Royal Institute of Technology (KTH) from Stockholm, Sweden in 2004.
His first postdoctoral position took place within the IMEC division of the Institute for Materials (IMO) in Hasselt Belgium.
In 2007 he joined the Laboratory for Chemistry for Novel Materials (CMN) of Prof. Roberto Lazzaroni at the University of Mons.
He currently works as a research scientist at Materia-Nova, a research institute devoted to the exploitation of novel materials.
From PhD studies to postdoctoral activities, his field of work progressively expanded from conventional inorganic III-V semiconductors to p-conjugated polymers and from high resolution electrical characterization based scanning probe microscopy methods towards fabrication and characterization of organic electronic structures including photovoltaic devices.
His past and current collaborations lie not only within the academic chemical and physical societies but also involved partnership with large industrial groups. He is (co)author of around 20 papers in international peer-reviewed journals.
A few relevant publications of the past five years
- O. Douhéret, L. Lutsen, A. Swinnen, M. Breselge, K. Vandewal, L. Goris and J. Manca, “Nanoscale electrical characterisation of organic photovoltaic blends by conductive atomic force microscopy”, Appl. Phys. Lett. 89, 032107 (2006).
- O. Douhéret, A. Swinnen, S. Bertho, I. Haeldermans, J. D’Haen, M. D’Olieslaeger, D. Vanderzande and J. V. Manca, “High resolution morphological and electrical characterization of organic bulk heterojunction solar cells by scanning probe microscopy”, Progress in Photovoltaics: Research and Applications, 15 (8), 713-726 (2007).
- M. M. Voigt, A. Guite, D-Y. Chung, R. U. A. Khan, A. J. Campbell, D. C. Bradley, F. Meng, J. H. G. Steinke, S. Tierney, I. McCulloch, H. Penxten, L. Lutsen, O. Douhéret, J. Manca, U. Brokmann, K. Sönnichsen, D. Hülsenberg, W. Bock, C. Barron, N. Blanckaert, S. Springer, J. Grupp, and A. Mosley, “Polymer field-effect transistors fabricated by the sequential gravure printing of polythiophene, two insulator layers, and a metal ink gate”, Advanced Functional Materials 20, 239-246 (2010).
- W. D. Oosterbaan, V. Vrindts, S. Berson, S. Guillerez, O. Douhéret, B. Ruttens, J. D’Haen, P. Adriaensens, J. Manca, T. J. Cleij, L. Lutsen and D. Vanderzande, “Efficient formation, isolation and characterization of poly(3-alkylthiophene) nanofibres: probing order in function of side-chain length”, Journal of Materials Chemistry 19 (30), 5424-5435 (2009).
- T. Hakkarainen, O. Douhéret, S. Anand, L. Fu, H. H. Tan and C. Jagadish, ”Spatially resolved characterization of InGaAs/GaAS quantum dot structures by scanning resistance microscopy”, Applied Physics Letters 97, 041106 (2010).
- O. Douhéret, S. Bonsels and S. Anand, “Determination of spatial resolution in AFM-based electrical characterization techniques using quantum well structures” J. Vac. Sci. Technol.B. 23 (1), 61-65 (2005).
- O. Williams, O. Douhéret, M. Daenen, K. Haenen, E. Osawa and M. Takahashi, “Enhanced diamond nucleation on monodispersed nanocrystalline diamond“, Chemical Physics Letters, 445 (4-6), 255-258 (2007).